Maxine’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
I love making this soup because it’s full of yummy goodness. Also, great for the cold weather.
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 15 oz canned corn
- 1 1/2 15 oz diced tomatoes drained
- 1 can black beans, drained (I also use kidney beans sometimes)
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 cup onion chopped optional
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips to eat with soup
- avocados cubed/sliced
- sour cream (for topping)
- Cook and shred (or cube) chicken.
- Add all the ingredients, except the cheese, tortilla chips and avocados to your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
- Add cheese/sour cream/avocado just before serving.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =)