I always love jam on my toast or waffles. I wanted to try to make a sugar free one and not highly processed. This one turned out quite well. Great with almond butter too. I love it on Ezekiel Bread or Dave’s “Killer” Bread to get a fully loaded nutritious bread. Find out the story behind Dave’s “Killer” Bread (it’s pretty awesome): http://www.daveskillerbread.com
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 white nectarine, chopped up
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs Chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Using a small pan over medium heat, add blackberries, nectarine, lemon juice.
- As it is heating up, use the back of a fork (or a smasher if you have one), to smash the fruit for a couple minutes until starts to bubble and fruit breaks down.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chia seeds and honey.
- Let is cool down and store in glass jar.
- Storage life: a week (since there are no preservatives)
- Enjoy and be HAPPY! =D