I love eggs and avocado, and together…BAM! Yummy-ness in your mouth. Great breakfast or snack during the day. Eggs contain a variety of substances that promote good health. Choline, a nutrient that is critical to brain function, is one example. Eggs are one of the richest food sources of choline. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fat, the heart-healthy kind. You also get about 4grams of protein per avocado. Avocados are an excellent source of potassium (containing more per weight than bananas). In addition, avocados are rich in vitamin K, vitamin B9, vitamin B6, vitamin B5 vitamin C, and vitamin E. Enjoy all this yummy goodness in your mouth =)
- 1/2 ripe California avocado
- 1 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 slices of bread, toasted (of your choice)
- 1 large egg, soft-boiled or poached/over medium (organic preferably)
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado, lemon juice, and sea salt together with a fork.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the slice of toasted bread.
- Place a soft-boiled or poached/over-med egg on top of the slice of bread. Can add a dash of pepper if desired.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =)