So it’s been a little bit hot here in our neck of the woods and too hot to make hot pasta. So I’ve been thinking about some nice cold pasta dishes to make and that are still super tasty. Here’s a simple and easy macaroni salad as an entree or side.
Makes about 8 servings.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (can substitute whole-wheat or quinoa)
- 2/3 cup sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup cooked crisp bacon
- (Additional optional ingredients: peas, corn, red onion)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (can substitute plain green yogurt for a cleaner version)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, put all dressing ingredients in and mix throughly. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain under cold water. Shake out excess water and combine pasta, bell peppers, green onion, and bacon in a mixing bowl.
- Toss pasta mixture with half of dressing.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss salad with remaining dressing.
- Best to serve immediately.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D