Usually, I am intimidated to make anything with the word “crab” in it, but finally got the courage to try some new recipes. Had some dungeness crab leftover and wanted to attempt to make some crabcakes with it. Forgot to take a pix with the sauce on!
Serves about 10 mini crabcakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for the frying)
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of salt/pepper to taste
- You can add other ingredients like bell pepper/onion if you wish
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- When hot, gently lay the mixture in batches (can form with hand) onto bottom of the pan
- Slowly fry crab cakes approximately 4 minutes per side or until crisp and golden brown, turning once only with a spatula.
- If the crab cake browns too quickly, reduce heat.
- Serve on plate with desired sauce.
Spicy sauce recipe:
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- STIR well and serve (can refrigerate after)
7. Enjoy and be HAPPY! =D