Our Bear Cave loves salmon of all kinds. It can be raw, seared, smoked, baked, bbq-ed, we love it all. =)
Some benefits of wild salmon: (facts I remember people saying)
- High in protein
- Has the good fat
- 4 oz of wild salmon provides a full day’s worth of Vitamin D
- Increases your heart health
- Helps your child’s brain development
This recipe is GREAT for the summer BBQ’s and super easy to make. The corn salsa that is for the topping is wonderful just by itself with tortilla chips as well.
Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 ears of white corn, cut off the cobb (you can either BBQ first or pan fry with olive oil for a few minutes until cooked)
- 1 – 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup, chopped shallot
- 1 avocado, removed from its skin and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (can leave out if you don’t like it)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 4 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar (or any sweetener)
- Salt to taste
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
Salmon Seasoning Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or sugar alternative)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 – (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Gently mix the salsa ingredients except avocados in a medium bowl. When ready to serve, place avocados in bowl, be careful not to mash them. Serve at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, paprika, kosher salt and pepper together.
- Rub 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over each piece of salmon followed by 1 tablespoon of seasoning.
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Grill the salmon for 5-6 minutes. Carefully flip the salmon and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Top each piece of salmon with the corn salsa.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D