I absolutely love fruit scones! I recently found this gluten-free recipe and it wasn’t bad at all! I really enjoyed making this simple scone. It’s best when eaten fresh out of the oven..it’s nice and warm and yummy! Great with your morning coffee/tea/fruit-infused water.
Makes about 8 scones.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coarse sugar (to sprinkle on scones – optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9″ baking pan with parchment paper (make sure sides are covered too).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the egg, sugar, and coconut oil. Mix with a whisk until well blended.
- Add the remainder of ingredients except blueberries and mix again.
- Add blueberries last. With your hands, mix all together into batter.
- Now, press batter into pan. Sprinkle some coarse sugar on top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let scones cool down for at least 10 minutes in the pan. Then, lift parchment paper up and cut the scones into 8 individual triangles.
- You can store these for up to two days (unrefrigerated) in a glass container.
- Invite some friends over to enjoy the yummy goodness.
- Lastly, ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D