I was craving ice cream the other day, but was really trying to cut down the sugar intake. So I decided to make my own clean ice cream. It was pretty good. Still figuring out different things I can put in it. Stay tuned for other clean ice cream treats!
Wish I knew about “clean” ice cream when I was pregnant with my first child. I was having ice cream every other day! It was bad =P Now, I’ll be eating “clean” ice cream more often =).
Makes about 3 cups
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk (your choice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Topping: shredded coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, and cocoa nibs (you can any toppings you want…have fun with it!) =)
- Take some of your frozen ripe bananas from the freezer. If you don’t have any, freeze ripe bananas the day before or you can try freezing for a few hours before making this recipe.
- You can even but the banana into slices before freezing so it runs a little easier in your blender.
- Put all ingredients in your blender (we use a Vitamix because of it’s high power setting).
- Make sure you have something to poke/mix it around while blending. Sometimes some slices get stuck in there.
- Mix well and place toppings and serve… that’s it!
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D
NOTE: This is something you don’t re-freeze. Must serve after making. If you freeze it again, it changes the taste of everything.