How many of us rush to the local coffee shop to pick up some yummy baked goodies for the morning? Usually, costing $2.50 for a small piece of bread/coffee cake/pastry. Well, you’re in luck! I found a recipe very close to the Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake, but WAY better =) And will last you a few days of yummy goodness depending on how much you eat/serve. Note: Not a clean recipe =)
Recipe credit to barbarabakes.com.
Makes about 12 servings.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk (I used coconut milk and still came out great)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Rub a 9-inch springform pan with butter and dust flour all around and turn pan over to tap out excess flour. This will help the cake just slip right out when done.
- Prepare crumb topping and set aside. Just mix all ingredients together till it looks crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix in lemon zest. Add flour mixture and mix just until combine. Stir in blueberries last.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and remove ring.
- Icing: Whisk lemon juice and powdered sugar together to create a thin glaze.
- Drizzle icing on cake.
- Serve with your favorite morning cup of joe.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY!! =D (cuz you just saved from spending money on a small piece at Starbucks) =)