If you are like me, you go through the fridge looking for something sugary to eat. Lately, I found a great way to fight this bad habit with a healthier alternative: Fruit-infused water. Some of the high end spas have done this for decades. Great news! No need to go to a high end spa to get this delicious vitamin infused water.
In this picture, I used 3 sliced strawberries, a whole lemon (sliced), and homegrown mint leaves.
According to Fruitinfusedwaters.com, there are many benefits to drinking this type of water.
- Helps with dehydration. Dehydration is known to be linked to headaches, digestive problems, obesity and joint pain. Infusing your water with fruits, herbs, or flowers not only improves the flavor, but also adds essential vitamins that help your body.
- Those store bought vitamin waters have more sugar than you think. They also contain preservatives, artificial sweeteners and colors, sodium, dextrose, and high fructose corn syrup/refined sugars.
- It also helps with appetite control, hydration, immune defense, heartburn prevention, blood sugar regulation and weight management.
- Great way to get your kids to drink more water. You can even freeze the fruit into ice cubes (I’ll be showing how to do that in future posts).
- Gives a boost of energy, especially good during or after an intense workout
What to do:
Get a pitcher of water with a cover, put in some chopped fruits (strawberries, lemon, kiwi, lime, pineapple) and herbs (mint, basil) and let it sit in the fridge for two to eight hours, depending on how strong you want the flavor to be. I would only leave in fridge for a couple days for best flavor. More fruit infused waters to come!
ENJOY and be HAPPY!! =D