Makes 1 dozen.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar together.
- Next, add in your egg, vanilla, coconut, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add in flour and mix until smooth.
- Lastly, put in your chocolate chips.
- Chill for about 2-3 hours. This enhances the flavor of the batter.
- After batter is ready, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Use a spoon or cookie scoop to scoop out dough. You can either roll into a ball or just lightly pat into circle shape.
9. Space each one about 2 inches apart. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Let them cool for about 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
11. Store cookies in airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
12. ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D