So this is my first time ever planting a garden. I do not have a green thumb whatsoever. haha. So I was pretty surprised that our tomatoes were growing! =D woot woot! I don’t like eating tomatoes by themselves, but will eat them if they are in a recipe. Yeah..I’m weird like that. 😉 My toddler, on the other hand, will eat them like apples!
During the day, I try to find some healthy snacks around the house for a quick bite or munch, but sometimes end up eating the cookies hiding in the pantry. With the busyness of having a 5 month old and homeschooling my 3 1/2 year old and carrying out other home duties of cooking, cleaning, folding laundry, etc, I could munch on this strawberry mango salsa all day!
So I decided to make a fruity pico de gallo! This turned out super yummy and highly addicting. Make sure you have enough tortilla chips because you might just finish the whole bowl! =D
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno (can take out seeds if you don’t want spicy)
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/3 cup of mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of honey, or more if you desire more sweetness
- 1 lime, all the juice 🙂
- Salt, to taste
- Optional – can add avocados as well (we just didn’t have any at the time)
- MIX all together and add whatever is needed to taste.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D