I never really grew up with pesto, but when I first had it in my post-college days, it was love at first taste! =D I loved the taste of it in pasta. Recently, I made a super basic pesto from my friend’s fresh organic garden. She even had purple basil, so we used that too. I will post my pesto-stuffed porkchop recipe a little later, but here is what you need to make first.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (pack it into measuring cup)
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- optional: salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except oil into your food processor. (We use our Vitamix to blend)
- Pulse or blend until combined.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while the blender is on low speed.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Pour in a glass container for storage. Best when used fresh.
- Serve with pasta, bread, chicken, you name it! =)
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D