We usually don’t eat pork chops in our home, but my hubby was craving them the other week. So, whatever the hubby craves, I try to satisfy his tummy. The old saying goes….”Way to a man’s heart is through is stomach”. haha. Doesn’t happen everyday though! =) He knows what gets to my heart in regards to food….dark chocolate and desserts. I have such a bad sweet tooth…working on those sugar-free alternatives!
Those who like a different take on pork chops might like this one. I made homemade pesto and used that to stuff the pork chops before breading it. There is something about stuffed things that I really enjoy. A stuffed turkey, a stuffed sandwich, stuffed chicken..you name it! Here we go….
Makes 6 pork chops.
6 pork chops
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt, to taste
4 Tbsp pesto (homemade or store bought)
2 cups Panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooling rack on top.
- Cut little slits in your pork chops deep enough to be able to stuff the pesto in.
- Stuff your pork chops with the pesto, just enough to fill the slit. It may over flow a little and that’s okay.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix your eggs, garlic powder, salt. (you can add a little pepper if you want as well)
- Pour the Panko crumbs into a dish/plate (I used a glass pie dish to make it easier).
- Dip and gently press your pork chops into the egg mixture on both sides and then into the Panko crumbs.
- Then transfer pork chops to the baking sheets and when all are placed, put in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour…it really depends on how thick your porkchops are. After 45 minutes, you can cut them and see if it is done. As long as the internal temperature is 145 degrees F as measured by a food thermometer.
- We served this with butternut squash risotto and yellow squash and zucchini. It was delish!
- Lastly, ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D