I love anything with pineapple! Pineapple cookies, pineapple upside-down cake, pineapple salsa, you name it! There’s something about that sweet tangy-ness that I just love. Tonight, I really didn’t know what to cook for dinner and happened to have a ripe pineapple staring me down. I grabbed our left over white rice and decided to make Pineapple Fried Rice! Fried rice is already easy and fast! Turning it into Pineapple Fried Rice is just one extra step. When I went to the fridge, I found a pack of Bacon too! SCORE!!! Pineapple fried rice with bacon! Hope you like it!
Makes about 4 servings.
Pineapple Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked rice (jasmine, brown, your choice) – best when a day old
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups pineapple, fresh or canned – I like the taste of fresh best
- 1/2 cup of bacon, cooked
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a wok, or large skillet, turn on stove to medium high heat. Place your frozen peas and carrots with a couple cubes of ice and let it simmer until peas/carrots are cooked. Set aside in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder and set aside.
- Next, add your olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and onion, and stir for a couple of minutes until onions are translucent.
- Put your peas and carrots back in wok.
- Add your rice, pineapple, bacon, green onion and soy sauce mixture.
- Stir everything together well and add your salt and pepper to taste. YUM!!
- Serve immediately. Best when hot and fresh.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D