The fall has arrived!!! That calls for the fall-like recipes! We recently bought a bag of organic carrots from Costco and we all know that anything from Costco comes in abundance, so we had a ton of carrots leftover! I was going to make more carrot puree for my infant, but he is done with purees and more interested in solid foods. So what to do with all those carrots! =) Roasting them with pecans sounded awesome.
This is alsoa great side dish with your upcoming Thanksgiving meal.
Serves about 4.
- 1 pounds of carrots, peeled and cut into 2in pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Using a large mixing bowl, toss in your carrots and olive oil with a dash of salt/pepper. Toss them around till evenly coated.
- Turn oven on 400 degrees.
- Next, lay your carrots out on a baking tray. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out, uncover foil, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the syrup and nuts, and bake for a remaining 10 minutes until carrots are soft and golden and pecans are toasted.
- Place in a serving dish.
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D …. and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!