I’ve been really enjoying different recipes with squashes lately. It’s been nice trying different things, even my husband has been a trooper being my guinea pig and trying more healthy finds.
This is a SUPER SIMPLE recipe…really not much work but steaming your spaghetti squash.
- 2 Spagetti squashes
- Mae Ploy Chili Sauce
- Toasted peanuts (crushed)
- Get your water ready in your steamer.
- Cut the squash in half with a good heavy knife. Just take a good whack at it :). Use those muscles.
- Scrape out all the fibers (super stringy things) and seeds with a spoon. (You can save seeds to toast them, just like pumpkin seeds).
- Once cleaned, cut into quarters (makes easier to steam).
- When steamer is ready, put the pieces face down and steam for 10-15 minutes until tender. (You’ll be able to tell when you use a knife and it cuts into the flesh easily).
- Take the squash out and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Next, scrape out the flesh using a fork.
- Plate the spaghetti squash flesh on a plate. Drizzle desired amount of Mae Ploy chili sauce and peanuts and devour.
- Be ready for seconds!
- ENJOY and be HAPPY! =D