I was teaching my 4 year old this week about our country and how it came to be. One significant part of our U.S. history is our independance. He is excited we live in such a wonderful place. We decided to make some fun “flag” art to celebrate our Independance with a 4th of July with a craft.
Here’s a simple and quick 4th of July Craft you can do with your kiddos at home. I’m sure you have everything you need laying around the house 🙂
- Child Safe Paints (Oil Based is prefered)
- A Paint Brush (a little on the larger side is better)
- 1 or 2 little feet 🙂
1. Get a foot and brush and use red paint, leaving a little square in the corner for blue.
2) Press down on paper firmly….get those little toes good.
3) Fill in the stars and stripes with white. I couldn’t fit 50 dots (resembling stars)…but you get the idea 🙂
Then draw in the pole with a crayon or marker.
4) Here’s one with the hand…I like the foot one better 😉