It’s been a hot summer here so I have been avoiding using the oven. I’ve missed baking too much though! This week we decided to go to town with some baking goods as the weather cooled down a little bit. First up, Gluten Free Banana Bread with added Zucchini! My younger son loves his bread and I needed a healthier option while sneaking some veggies in. A friend recently gave me some beautiful large zucchinis from her garden so I have been adding it to different recipes. Now, it was time to add these beauties to my Gluten Free Banana Bread!
I had to search for a new gluten-free flour that I really liked. This one on Amazon was a hit! Warning, it’s a little pricy. You can click on the link to find where to buy it. I enjoyed trying baking with this flour. If you’re not going for gluten free, you can use regular all-purpose flour as well.
Serving size: One Loaf, Many Mouths
Ingredients for Gluten Free Banana Bread with Zucchini:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 3 medium ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 a grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray bread loaf/pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: beat egg first and add bananas, zucchini, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- In another small mixing bowl, mix together flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Then, mix together dry ingredients with wet ingredients. No need to over mix, just make sure you don’t see anymore dry flour.
- Transfer batter into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out dry.
- Take out of oven when done, allow 10 to 15 minutes to cool down. Slice it up.
- ENJOY and BE HAPPY! =D BUT Enjoy within the next few days covered or keep in fridge covered for a week since there are no preservatives. 🙂