I am finally back and excited to start this new year with some great ideas and tips. Took me awhile to get back into the groove of things, but I have a feeling 2017 is going to be amazing. 🙌🏼 We have had many changes with our family this past year. A couple big ones are that we moved across country ✈️ and had our third little one. 👶🏻 With all that, my energy has been pretty low. So I decided to make some non-caffeinated, but effective yummies to help my mood and tummy. Needed something to keep up with all the kiddos 👦🏻👦🏻👶🏻.
I had these yummy energy balls (or bites) once at a friend’s house and loved them! It’s a great hit with the kids too, especially when you need or they want a quick afternoon snack. (Helps my toddler stay awake as I am trying to get him to skip his nap now so he can sleep earlier 😉).
Hope enjoy you these bites as much as we do!
- 1/2 cup of organic flaxseed
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (or another kind of nut butter)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp of organic chia seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate (can’t forget the chocolate! )
- Mix it all in a mixing bowl
- Take a spoon and scoop up a size of a ping pong ball
- Roll in between your hands
- Place balls on a tray to put in freezer for 20 minutes
- Then you can transfer them in a smaller container
- Freshness will last up to 6 weeks or so (but they are so yummy it probably won’t last too long 🙂
- ENJOY AND BE HAPPY! =)