Hello fellow Bear Cave friends!
For those of you who don’t know, we recently transplanted from West coast to East coast. This is my first time moving since being married and I’ve been learning how different produce is from state to state. I’m a bit picky about my organic produce and I have found an amazing organic produce delivery company here in Florida called Annie’s Buying Club. Before I get to the Paleo Chicken recipe I wanted to tell you a bit about Annie’s Buying Club because it’s been such a huge life saver for our organic food choices.
Annie’s Buying Club has had great produce so far! If you are here in Florida, I highly recommend it. It’s like a co-op in your neighborhood. Someone decides to become a coordinator for the area and then people pick up their produce from the coordinator’s house after they have sorted out everyone’s boxes and produce. It can all be customized as well. They have many boxes to choose from. From a mini to paleo to veggie only to fruit and build your own box. What I really like about it is that if something is missing or produce doesn’t look right, you can send them a message and they will credit you for the next purchase. They have amazing customer service as well! For more information, you can check out their site here: http://www.anniesbuyingclub.com/ The following recipe uses their organic chicken and fresh produce.
Below are just a few pictures of how beautiful their produce is.
Organic Paleo Chicken Recipe Time!
So Annie’s also sells organic free-range chicken and grass-fed beef. I recently purchased their chicken breast which is air-chilled (a method of processing the chicken which is slower and brings out more of the natural chicken flavor). If you want to know a more descriptive explanation about air-chilled vs. water-chilled, read here. I working on my paleo cooking lately and decided to make a Paleo Chicken Recipe that uses organic sweet potato, asparagus, and chicken. It came out very flavorful with just a few ingredients. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family did. 🙂
Organic Paleo Chicken Recipe for 4 people.
- 1 lb Chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups of sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil (I used olive)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of garlic powder (or can use 1 tbsp fresh clove garlic)
- optional: chili pepper flakes (can add at end for a kick)
- Iron Skillet
- Heat your skillet on your stove for about 2 minutes on med-high.
- Add your cooking oil, spread it around evenly
- Next, add in your chicken and add the salt, pepper, garlic
- Cook chicken thoroughly
- Set the chicken aside in a bowl
- Place your asparagus and sweet potato in the skillet, wait a minute
- Add the chicken broth
- Cover for 7 minutes to make sure the sweet potato is cooked through
- Add the chicken back in and lightly stir together
- Taste test to see if you want to add more spices/chili flakes 🙂
- ENJOY and BE HAPPY! =)